1. Your Information.
1.1 Information We Collect. When you sign up for an account to use the website, make a purchase, receive our newsletter and other communications, follow us on social media, or post a comment on our blog, you are voluntarily giving us this information. That information may contain an email address, name, address, phone number, credit card data, and other information. We use this information for communications and for the exchange of products you purchase from us. We do not share this information with third parties.
1.3 Services. We use third-party services to help ensure the best performance and user experience possible. These include services for things such as, but not limited to, analytics, communication, content performance, social media, server performance, and payments.
1.3.1 Account Registration. Registration to the website requires submitting your email address. You may also register by linking your other accounts (Google, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram). This information is stored in a secure environment and will not be shared.
1.3.2 Billing and Credit Card Information. To make a purchase through our website, we collect and store name, address, telephone number and email address. Credit card information is fully encrypted and stored in a secure location.
1.3.3 Statistics. Web servers used by Grinning Cat Books use analytics that captures general user information including IP addresses, geographic locations, search phrases, devices, and other non-personally identifiable information.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect. We use, store and process information, including personal information, about you to provide and improve our website and services in compliance with legal obligations. We also use your information to improve our site. We process all information given to us in the interest of improving our website and the customer experience. You are always given the opportunity of opting-out of receiving any and all communications from us through an unsubscribe link or by replying to the email which is monitored.
By subscribing to our newsletter, you agree to receive email from us by any email and device. The aim of our newsletter service is to keep our customers and visitors updated about new information, books, sales, articles, social conversation, events, products, services, releases, new offerings, changes, or any other information or happenings we deem pertinent to our customers and business, where such determination shall be made in our sole discretion. The subscription to our newsletter service is not mandatory and can be revoked at any time.
3.1 Frequency. The frequency of or our newsletter will be at most eight (8) times per month.
3.2 Limited Liability. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to edit, modify, or discontinue the newsletter, and to determine its frequency, at any time with or without notice to you. We will not be liable to you, or any third party, should we exercise such rights. Any new features that augment or enhance the then-current services on our Website shall also be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
In addition, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, and at any time, with or without notice to you, to unsubscribe users or visitors from or newsletter or related service(s).
3.3 Sharing of information. Grinning Cat Books will not, without your consent, pass on any information about you to any third party unless required by law to do so, or unless it is necessary relating to a product or service you have requested or purchased from us.
3.4 Copyright. Grinning Cat Books reserves all copyright for any and all images and text used in the newsletter. No content of our newsletters may be copied, either in whole or in part, or used for any purposes without the explicit, written permission of an owner of Grinning Cat books. For requests, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
3.5 Your rights. You rights to privacy and your data are as set forth herein.
4. How We Protect User Information.
4.1 General. Grinning Cat Books is committed to keeping your personal and payment information secure. We use appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. If necessary, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights. Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
4.2 Server Information. The Grinning Cat Books website is hosted by a third party on dedicated servers located in a secure facility. The physical facility is SOX, SEC, FDA, GLB, and JCAHO compliant. Access to facility and equipment is controlled by dual factor authentication (badge and retina scan). In addition, the server is maintained in a fire protected, locked cabinet, under 24x7x365 monitored and video recorded supervision. The server is protected by a stateful firewall protection utilizing a “deny unless specifically allowed” policy implementation.
5. Copyright. This site contains copyrighted material and other proprietary information, and the entire site is copyrighted as a collective work by Grinning Cat Books, LLC. GCB owns the copyright to all original material on this site, including but not limited to articles, descriptions of books, and images. Some articles and images have been supplied by authors who have granted GCB permission for their use. Copyrighted materials may not be reproduced, modified, or transmitted without prior written permission.
6. Consent. You have the right to request information about your accounts, adjust your online profile and information in addition to the ability to request removal of your information. Please reach out to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Accessibility. Grinning Cat Books is committed to providing individuals with disabilities access to goods and services available on our website. We are constantly using commercially reasonable efforts to improve the accessibility and inclusive design of our website and other products. We welcome suggestions to help improve our website accessibility. If you are experiencing any specific issues or have suggestions for improvement, please contact us.
9. Your acceptance of these terms. By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.